Thursday, April 18, 2013

Multiple Sclerosis

I was diagnosed with MS in 2005.  From 2005 until 2009 I thought of MS as a disease where I would relapse and remit and that the only way I could try to slow its effects were injections, medications and rest.
In 2009 I started thinking about my health more as I was quickly approaching 30, and I was tired of not being able to do more with my son.
I started realizing that some things I would eat affected me, like msg, if I went out for chinese food I would get tingly legs immediately.  I slowly started eliminating certain foods and felt less fatigued.
In the summer of 2010 I got married to my husband who also had a son and we became a quickly bonded family.
In 2011 I went for CCSVI (liberation treatment).  I felt so much better, but the results soon diminished, approx 6 months.
Since then I have learned so much about how my symptoms and life is impacted by my diet and supplements.
I still have the "MS Days" every now and then but I used to have a real bad day once a week, whereas now its usually months between.  As far as relapses, I haven't had one for over a year!  Before, I was having an attack every 4-6 months.
I have had to become my own doctor, although I like my doctor, there is so much to be learned by practioners about MS health and they usually just deal with the symptoms.
I've really become health concious and have a new outlook on life!
I decided to create this blog to inform others of new MS findings, foods that heal the brain and body and general info about MS, and also to learn from others their journey with MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment